Torque and Power Display Unit (TQP)
The Torque and Power Display Unit interfaces to the Torque and Power Unit TQP 800/900. It provides the dc power and receive torque and RPM as analog signals.
The unit has the following key spec.
1. Torque display 4 digit 0 to 500 nm 0.1 nm resolution
2. Power display 4 digit 0 to 500 HP 0.1 Hp resolution
3. RPM display 4 digit 0 to 7500 RPM
4. Switch for TQ RPM and HP RPM for peak hold or run
5. 3 or 4 gear selectors
6. Reset bottom
7. Led for peak hold
8. TQ, HP and RPM signal for datalogger 0-5v
9. +12v for the TQP 800/900
10. TQ input 5v eq. 718nm (in 3.g 1:1.26 equivalent to engine 570 nm) and RPM input 7.500 RPM eq. 5v
The torque and RPM signals are multiplied and scaled to derive the horsepower.
This unit also is developed as a one-off prototype. It is an analog design, as what I do the most and fastest, but later it could be microprocessor based with Bluetooth (BT).
Probably later it will not be used but replaced with and APP in a smartphone and have the BT in the TPQ800/900.
For the Turbo configuration developments, it has been very useful.