Super-Fast GPS Dual SkyPro XGPS160
In the toolbox for measuring car performance on the road or on track, a high update rate with very high accuracy in position and altitude this SkyPro GPS is excellent.
It has a good app interface easy to use with many details. One log shown, indicate road altitude over the test, max g force, location and in this case speed over time and wind speed. 3gear 1.6 Bar GT2259, acceleration 80-120km/h 2.7sec. It’s not slow…
The SkyPro – GPS Receiver has fast signal acquisition and 10Hz positioning updates. It is an ideal GPS for pilots, race car drivers and other fast-moving applications. The WAAS receiver is compatible with both GPS (USA) and GLONASS (Russia systems with higher altitude accuracy). It connects via Bluetooth to up to 5 Apple or Android devices.
The XGPS150, SkyPro is very simple to use. There is a quick set up process that includes pairing your tablet with the unit. Once this is done, SkyPro will automatically connect to the device it was last paired with, and you will be able to use it with hundreds of apps that require location information.
The GPS receiver will run for up to 10 hours on a charge, and can be recharged using the included 12-28VDC cigarette lighter adapter, from any PC, or from the USB charger which came with your tablet/phone.
This GPS Receiver also comes with a useful GPS Status Tool app. (Available free on the iTunes App Store). The app allows you to turn on and off the automatic route recording feature, and to export the stored log file information. The Status Tool app also shows detailed information from the GPS Receiver including:
• Your location (or whether the device is still determining where you are)
• How many satellites the device sees and the signal strength of each satellite
• The battery level of the GPS Receiver, and whether or not it is charging
• Confirmation the GPS Receiver is successfully connected to your iPad/iPod touch/iPhone
The SkyPro GPS Receiver also includes a non-slip pad for use in a cockpit, car or a boat.
• High-sensitivity WAAS GPS receiver
• Simultaneous GPS and GLONASS reception
• Up to 10 position samples per second
• Bluetooth wireless connectivity to up to 5 devices
– iPad (generations 1 to 4)
– iPad mini
– iPod Touch (generations 2-5)
– iPhone (all models)
– Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, tablets and laptops (Android, OS X, Windows and Surface Devices)
• Automatic route recording
• Works with most apps that require GPS
• Built-in rechargeable battery lasts 10 hours
• USB charging via the included USB cable
• Includes a non-slip dashboard pad
• Includes 12-28VDC charging adapter
• GPS and GLONASS supported simultaneously
• 99 channels
• SBAS (WAAS, MSAS, EGNOS, GAGAN) supported
• GPS: L1 1598.0625~1605.375 MHz
• GLONASS: L1 1598.0625~1605.375 MHz
• Accuracy: +/-2.5m (CEP)
• Fast location acquisition times: < 29 secs (warm or cold start)
• Position updates: up to 10 times per second
• Maximum speed: 1000 kts / 1150 mph
• Maximum altitude: 20,000 m / 65,600 ft